Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

Life In The Trenches.

W.A.L.T describe what life was like for men and women in WW1 through a diary entry.



24th July 1915

It is not the grand adventure I was promised.  I am digging trenches it is not like the journey  they told me it was going to be this is so tiring it is not like a garden it is full of concrete they are liars why was I so dumb to believe them I am getting sick of rat bites.  Tomorrow it is my turn to charge out of my trench I have absolutely no chance of getting out of here alive this is not what i signed up for what dumb commanders why did I believe them all that hard work  for nothing.  Some people died because of trench foot but some got their foot cut off.  The commander always send people over but it was useless they would keep on dying but i knew if you didn't go over they would execute you or shoot you.  But i would rather risk my life fighting for my country then living with lice, flies and rats.  It was even hard to sleep because of guns shooting and bombs blowing up.  And there was always a sniper shooting us when we are going to go over the top.  I knew that we will go over the top next but if I don’t I will die I was scared I didn’t want to go over but I had to but they said don’t be scared just fight for your country.


7 comments:

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about